Child Custody Calendar Modifications

in Custody

Most custody modifications are changes that are made to the custody and visitation schedule. Some of the changes are small, perhaps just a change in the day or time of visitation. Other changes are more substantial, like changing the custodial parent or adding a significant amount of visitation. All of these modifications can be made and applied to a calendar and then presented to a judge to have them adopted in the court order.

One of the easiest ways to show the family court or judge the modifications you want implemented is to bring a copy of your current custody and visitation schedule laid out in a calendar and a calendar form of the schedule you'd like the court to accept. This has the benefit of giving a visual aid that is easily followed and presents the data in a clear, precise format. Here are some things to consider as you prepare these calendars.

The basic foundation for any child custody and visitation schedule is the repeating cycle of custody and visitation. Hopefully you already have your current schedule all mapped out in a calendar. You can pretty much just print off that calendar to show the court your current situation. If the changes you want have to do with this schedule, then you should create a calendar that shows the new repeating cycle you want. Apply this new schedule to the year and note any differences (for instance, you may want to keep track of the time-share percentage that each parent has with the children in both situations so you can point that out to the court). You can emphasize that the changes are small, or show how important it is that a big change occurs.

You also need to think about your holiday and vacation schedule. If these are the areas that you want changed, then you will focus your calendar on these. Perhaps you only want to switch the custody of a few holidays, or change the custody during summer vacation. Then you only need to prepare a holiday or summer month custody calendar to show.

If the modifications to your custody agreement are small, then the child's other parent will probably agree to them. If both of you agree then you merely show up at court and file the papers for a change. If the changes are bigger and you don't agree, you will need to have a custody hearing.

Laying out your custody modifications in a calendar format will help the child's other parent easily see the changes and may increase the likelihood of them accepting the changes. If they don't, showing the court your custody calendars will be a great way to explain your plans.

Author Box
Abigail Vernon has 1 articles online

Learn more about how to get the child custody modification you want and discover how Custody X Change can help you easily create the best child custody calendar for you and your child.

Add New Comment

Child Custody Calendar Modifications

Log in or Create Account to post a comment.
Security Code: Captcha Image Change Image
This article was published on 2010/03/29
New Articles